Monday, August 20, 2012

The Princess & The Frog..

You were a princess
And I was just a frog,
But for you though
I did not long

You came to my pond
And before long,
You lured me
With your incessant song

Taken by your beauty
And of what we could be,
I gave you all
A frog could give and more

You kissed my soul
And made me a Prince,
Yours I'd be
Forever, at your will

As you didn't object
I cast caution to the wind,
I thought I did everything right
To be your true king

But as I became a Prince
Strengthened by your armour without chinks
Something in you changed
That my frog-brain couldn't calculate

Because as I became your Prince
With all that you want,
You then decided
You didn't want me at all..

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vinothraj,
    Your poetry is good. I shall visit your blog more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Meenal! You run a great blog yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete